|- Water Retention Material
- Water Retention Material
Our water retention material, AQUA-FEED, has some remarkable properties:
- AQUA-FEED, the basic product for sandy - loam soils, and AQUA-FEED 'C' the calcined product for sandy-clay soils, has the ability to drastically reduce the percolation in soils.
- It will hold Its own dry weight of water yet releases it on demand.
- It is an entirely natural mineral that will not decay or migrate out of the treated
soil, that will not abrade delicate roots nor attract and hold toxins.
- AQUA-FEED saves you time, energy and money. The plants you grow germinate sooner and grow stronger. You need less irrigation and fertiliser. You use less power and replace fewer plants.
- Above all, a one-time investment in AQUA-FEED repays you year after year after year.
In prehistoric times, seas and lakes were populated by diatoms, tiny single-cell creatures rich in silica. Over time, these skeletons accumulated at the bottom of the lakes in which they lived. Periodic volcanic activity added layers of alumna-rich ash to the mix.
Millions of years later, the fossilised lake beds were discovered by Roman builders around Vesuvius, giving rise to the name "Pozzolan". The Romans used pozzolan to improve the quality of concrete, so successfully that we can still see it in buildings standing 2,300 years later.
Techno-Green Corp uses this same mined, amorphous, non crystalline mineral which is processed to create AQUA-FEED.
For those involved in agriculture or horticulture, especially in areas of low rainfall, this ability to save water is indispensable.
With AQUA-FEED, you use less to grow more.
Capillary or water holding pore space is made up of small pores that hold water against the force of gravity retaining much of it for use by the plant. Non-capillary or air holding pore space is made up of larger pores. When drained of water these pores fill with air providing oxygen to the root zone. The physical measurements show that AQUA-FEED . Soil Amendments have a very high amount of total porosity and retain a very high amount of plant available water. Therefore, AQUA-FEED soil amendments will be very effective in increasing the capillary or water filled porosity of a root zone.
Test results determined that the addition of AQUA-FEED soil amendments can beneficially change the water release pattern in the soil profile, eliminating localized dry spots and reducing irrigation requirements.
Many inorganic amendments maintain the ability to absorb moisture. AQUA-FEED has the unique ability to make the majority of this moisture available to the plant.
The ability of a soil amendment to aerate soil is a function of the compaction properties of the material. AQUA-FEED soil amendments blended into a soil horizon result in a dramatic improvement of porosity, attesting AQUA-FEED 's inherent ability to improve the aeration of the soils and reduce compaction.
Ideally, a growing medium has an equal amount of air and water pore space after free drainage. AQUA-FEED is a tool designed to provide the user with the ability to change the physical characteristics of the soil profile, depending upon existing site conditions and environmental influences, in order to produce the most desirable balance between air and water filled pore space.
AQUA-FEED reduces the percolation rated of sand and increases that of clays. Evaporation Is also reduced as less water is used. These combined benefits lead to water savings in excess of 50%.
- Holds in excess of 100% of its own weight of water
- Water stays at root level where plants can use It most efficiently
- AQUA-FEED is one of the lowest cost products in the field
- Easily applied with standard tools and ordinary fertiliser spreaders
- Capillary action draws moisture up slopes, across entire treated
- Does not compact or float
- Stabilises and aerates soil
- Inert, non-abrasive, non-toxic - harmless to plants, pets, people,
- Save on exploration: Water reserves effectively doubled
- Save on labour: One-time treatment, no maintenance required
- Save on fertiliser and peat moss: Reduced need for other soil Improvers
- Save on energy : Irrigation power consumption reduced
- Save on replacement: Reduced salt build-up means fewer plant failures
- Get to market faster: Plants germinated sooner, grow faster